It is a common seen requirement to use Flash to record audio from browser, like the famous singing search site midomi. These days I did a little survey about this, write down some memo here.
- Download FMS4 and install it. An Adobe member account is required. I used Windows version.
- Open FMS start page and play with it, default location. Test if video streaming is working.
- Open FMS admin console and play with it, default location. Here you can view active connections to the server and log.
- Replace the application “live” with an unsigned version: backup all contents under path
\applications\live\, then delete them; copy all contents under path \samples\applications\live\ to \applications\live. This is based on instructions in \applications\live\readme.txt.
\conf\fms.ini, change the line starting with “LIVE_DIR” to
# LIVE_DIR = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4\applications\live.
LIVE_DIR = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4\webroot\live_recorded
- Restart FMS4 service: run “Stop Adobe FMS4” then “Start Adobe FMS4” in start shortcut group of FMS4.
- Open the demo page mentioned above on the FMS4 machine. Use the “Want to test your Red5 install?” part to test your own FMS setup. Fill in “rtmp://localhost/live” and click “Load” button. It should be able to record and play, the file should be saved under
\webroot\live_recorded\ as an .flv file.